Prof. Kemal Akkaya
- Ph.D., Computer Science
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD; 2005
- M.S., Computer Science
- Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey; 1999
- B.S., Computer Engineering
- Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey; 1997
Ahmet graduated from Antalya Bilim University with a BS in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and another BS in Computer Engineering. He joined ADWISE lab in the Spring of 2019. Currently, he is working on Lightning Network (http://lightning.engineering) and ns-3 network simulations.
Yacoub Hanna graduated in 2020 with the honor of Magna Cum Laude from Florida International University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering and a Minor in Math Science. Currently, he is a second-year Ph.D. student and Graduate Research Assistant in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at FIU. He is a member of the Golden Key International Honor Society. His research interests are Smart Grid Security, Internet-of-Things, and is currently working on research for LoRaWan, NS3, and MQTT Protocol for IoT devices.
Oscar Bautista Chia is currently pursuing a Doctoral degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering with a focus in Cybersecurity at FIU. His current research interests are Secure Multiparty Computation, Blockchain, and Machine Learning, performing at the ADWISE laboratory in the ECE department.
Before starting his Ph.D. program, Oscar earned a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering in 2020 at FIU and a B.S. in Electronics Engineering at National Experimental University of Tachira (UNET), Venezuela, in 2003. During his Master’s years, he researched and contributed to routing metrics for Wireless Mesh Networks, explicitly using the IEEE 802.11s standard for Swarm of Drones applications, leading to three publications, including an article for Elsevier’s Internet of Things journal.
Maryna Graduated in 2019 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from Florida International University. After graduation, she worked with General Motors company as a software engineer in Detroit. Currently, 1st year Ph.D. student, focusing on the research of digital forensics, with an inclination towards drones’ forensics. The ongoing projects include video source detection and LoRaWan communication fingerprinting using Machine Learning techniques.
Richard graduated from Florida International University with a BS in Computer Engineering focused in Embedded Systems and Data System Sofware. During his BS he joins ADWISE Lab as a volunteer researching in the LoRa Protocol, and then a year later he joined the lab as a Research Assistant working in Multiparty Computation Research and Blockchain Technology.
Diana Pineda graduated with Summa Cum Laude in Fall 2021 from Florida International University with a Bachelors’s in Science in Computer Engineering. Currently, she is pursuing a Masters’s degree in Computer Engineering and working as Graduate Research Assistant in the Engineering and Computing Department at FIU. She is working on security implementations for 5G SDN-based network architectures.
Abhishek Bhattarai graduated from Tribhuvan University with Bachelors’s in Computer Engineering from Nepal. Currently, he is a graduate student pursuing his Master’s in Computer Science at FIU. He joined ADWISE in the Spring of 2022 and currently working on Cryptocurrency and Machine Learning.
Ricardo Harrilal-Parchment graduated from the University of Technology in Jamaica with a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering and is currently pursuing a Master’s in Cybersecurity at FIU. His skills include Network Communication and Security, and he is currently doing research with the ADWISE Lab in the areas of 5G Security, Zero-Trust Network Access, and Post-Quantum Cryptography.
- Dr. Suat Mercan (2019-2022) | Works at Google as a Network Engineer
- Dr. M. Hossein Manshaei (2020-2021) | Works at the University of Arizona as an Assistant Professor
- Dr. Nico Saputro (2016-2019) | Works at Parahyangan Catholic University as an Associate Professor
- Dr. Hamidullah Binol (2018-2019) | Works at Bayer as a Data Scientist
- Dr. Hidayet Aksu (2016-2018) | Works at Google as a Senior Software Engineer
- Dr. Ali Yurekli (2015-2017) | Works at Tiffin University as an Associate Professor
- Luis Puche (co-advised with Dr. Uluagac, defended in Fall 2021) | Works at Johns Hopkins
- Mai Abdel-Malek (co-advised with Dr. Ibrahim, defended in Spring 2021) | Works at Wireless VT as a Postdoctoral
- Abdullah Aydeger (defended in Summer 2020) | Works at Florida Tech University as an Assistant Professor
- Mumin Cebe (defended in Summer 2020) | Works at Marquette University as an Assistant Professor
- Enes Erdin (defended in Summer 2020) | Works at the University of Central Arkansas as an Assistant Professor
- Abhaykumar Kumbhar (defended in Spring 2019) | Works at Motorola Solutions Inc as a Software Architect
- Samet Tonyali (defended in Spring 2017) | Works at Gumushane University as an Assistant Professor
- Nico Saputro (defended in Summer 2016) | Works at Parahyangan Catholic University as an Associate Professor
- Izzet Senturk (defended in Dec. 2013) | Works at Bursa Technical University as an Assistant Professor
- Fatih Senel (Co-Advisor at UMBC) (defended in Summer 2012) | Works at the University of Osnabruck as an Associate Professor
- Hakan Oztarak (Co-Advisor at METU, Turkey) (defended in Spring 2012)
- Juan V. Leon (MS), 2022 | Works at the University of Washington as ns-3 Developer.
- Elijah Toissaint (MS), 2021
- Oscar Bautista (MS), 2020 | Ph.D. Candidate at Florida International University
- David Gabay (MS), 2019
- Vashish Baboolal (MS), 2019
- Ramazan Algin (MS), 2018
- Utku Ozgur (MS), 2016 | Works at Autodesk as a Principal Software Engineer
- Ozan Cakmak (MS), 2014 | Works at New Jersey Institute of Technology as a Teaching Assistant
- Abdullah Albuali (MS), 2014 | Ph.D. Candidate at Southern Illinois University
- Mahbubul Khan (MS), 2014 | Works at Mike Albert as a Software Engineer
- Andrew Beussink (MS), 2013
- Olive Mbianda (MS), 2013
- Ravi Sriram Krishnamachari (MS), 2013
- Shadi Janensefat (MS), 2013 | Ph.D. student at University of Pittsburgh
- Mike Gloff (MS), 2012 | Works at EMAC Inc as an Engineer
- Enes Yildiz (MS), 2011 | Works at Turkish National Science Foundation, Gebze, Turkey as a Software Engineer
- Marshall Riley (MS), 2010 | Works at Sandia National Labs, Albuquerque, NM as a Developer
- Shanthi Vemulapalli (MS), 2009, India
- Andrew Newell (BS), 2008 | Ph.D. Student at Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN
- Ismail Guneydas (MS), 2008 | Works at Yahoo as a Security Engineer
- Aravind Sama (MS), 2008
- Aravind Thimmapuran (MS), 2007 | works at Ascend Learning as a Software Engineer Manager
- Srinavas Janapala (MS), 2007