- Ph.D., Computer Science
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD; 2005
- M.S., Computer Science
- Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey; 1999
- B.S., Computer Engineering
- Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey; 1997
Suat Mercan received Ph.D. degree in Computer Science at University of Nevada-Reno (UNR), Reno, NV in 2011 and M.S degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of South Alabama (USA), Mobile, AL in 2007. His main research interests are payment and peer-to-peer networks, internet measurement, content delivery.
Ahmet graduated from Antalya Bilim University with a BS in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and another BS in Computer Engineering. He joined ADWISE lab in the Spring of 2019. Currently, he is working on Lightning Network (http://lightning.engineering) and ns-3 network simulations.
Yacoub Hanna graduated in 2020 with the honor of Magna Cum Laude from Florida International University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering and a Minor in Math Science. Currently, he is a second-year Ph.D. student and Graduate Research Assistant in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at FIU. He is a member of the Golden Key International Honor Society. His research interests are Smart Grid Security, Internet-of-Things, and is currently working on research for LoRaWan, NS3, and MQTT Protocol for IoT devices.
Oscar Bautista Chia is currently pursuing a Doctoral degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering with a focus in Cybersecurity at FIU. His current research interests are Secure Multiparty Computation, Blockchain, and Machine Learning, performing at the ADWISE laboratory in the ECE department.
Before starting his Ph.D. program, Oscar earned a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering in 2020 at FIU and a B.S. in Electronics Engineering at National Experimental University of Tachira (UNET), Venezuela, in 2003. During his Master’s years, he researched and contributed to routing metrics for Wireless Mesh Networks, explicitly using the IEEE 802.11s standard for Swarm of Drones applications, leading to three publications, including an article for Elsevier’s Internet of Things journal.
Maryna Graduated in 2019 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from Florida International University. After graduation, she worked with General Motors company as a software engineer in Detroit. Currently, 1st year Ph.D. student, focusing on the research of digital forensics, with an inclination towards drones’ forensics. The ongoing projects include video source detection and LoRaWan communication fingerprinting using Machine Learning techniques.
Richard graduated from Florida International University with a BS in Computer Engineering focused in Embedded Systems and Data System Sofware. During his BS he joins ADWISE Lab as a volunteer researching in the LoRa Protocol, and then a year later he joined the lab as a Research Assistant working in Multiparty Computation Research and Blockchain Technology.
Juan graduated from Florida International University with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering. He is an international student from Venezuela. He is pursuing a master’s degree in Computer Engineering. He currently performs research in the ADWISE lab in the areas of networking, vehicular communications, and cyber security.
Diana Pineda graduated with Summa Cum Laude in Fall 2021 from Florida International University with a Bachelors’s in Science in Computer Engineering. Currently, she is pursuing a Masters’s degree in Computer Engineering and working as Graduate Research Assistant in the Engineering and Computing Department at FIU. She is working on security implementations for 5G SDN-based network architectures.
Abhishek Bhattarai graduated from Tribhuvan University with Bachelors’s in Computer Engineering from Nepal. Currently, he is a graduate student pursuing his Master’s in Computer Science at FIU. He joined ADWISE in the Spring of 2022 and currently working on Cryptocurrency and Machine Learning.
Isabela is a Senior undergraduate student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering. Student from Cuba, first semester at the ADWISE lab. She is currently working on maintaining the decentralization of blockchain-based applications.
- Dr. M. Hossein Manshaei (2020-2021)
- Dr. Nico Saputro (2016-2019)
- Dr. Hamidullah Binol (2018-2019)
- Dr. Hidayet Aksu (2016-2018)
- Dr. Ali Yurekli (2015-2017)
- Luis Puche (co-advised with Dr. Uluagac, defended in Fall 2021)
- Mai Abdel-Malek (co-advised with Dr. Ibrahim, defended in Spring 2021)
- Abdullah Aydeger (defended in Summer 2020)
- Mumin Cebe (defended in Summer 2020)
- Enes Erdin (defended in Summer 2020)
- Abhaykumar Kumbhar (defended in Spring 2019)
- Samet Tonyali (defended in Spring 2017)
- Nico Saputro (defended in Summer 2016)
- Izzet Senturk (defended in Dec. 2013)
- Fatih Senel (Co-Advisor at UMBC) (defended in Summer 2012)
- Hakan Oztarak (Co-Advisor at METU, Turkey) (defended in Spring 2012)
- Elijah Toissaint (MS), 2021
- Oscar Bautista (MS), 2020
- David Gabay (MS), 2019
- Vashish Baboolal (MS), 2019
- Ramazan Algin (MS), 2018
- Utku Ozgur (MS), 2016
- Ozan Cakmak (MS), 2014
- Abdullah Albuali (MS), 2014
- Mahbubul Khan (MS), 2014
- Andrew Beussink (MS), 2013
- Olive Mbianda (MS), 2013
- Ravi Sriram Krishnamachari (MS), 2013
- Shadi Janensefat (MS), 2013, PhD student at University Pitssburgh
- Mike Gloff (MS), 2012
- Enes Yildiz (MS), 2011, Software Engineer at Turkish National Science Foundation, Gebze, Turkey
- Marshall Riley (MS), 2010, Developer at Sandia National Labs, Albuquerque, NM
- Shanthi Vemulapalli (MS), 2009, India
- Andrew Newell (BS), 2008, PhD Student at Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN
- Ismail Guneydas (MS), 2008, Security Engineer, Yahoo Dallas, TX
- Aravind Sama (MS), 2008
- Aravind Thimmapuran (MS), 2007
- Srinavas Janapala (MS), 2007